Monday, December 5, 2011

Favorite Christmas Books

When my brother, sister and I were growing up, my Mom would always read aloud to us. She read us story books, biographys, history books, and much, much more! She spent HOURS reading to us, and I'm so glad for that good foundation she gave us! Even today we all still love to read!

Some of the books we read (or had read to us) as children, we still read today - like some of our favorite Christmas books. Over the years we've collected quite a few Christmas books and in that collection, along with new books we've discovered, remain some of our old favorites including Twenty-Four Days Before Christmas, A Bird's Christmas Carol, and The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.


My sister and I still like to read these books each year either to other children just as they were read to us, or to ourselves. Rebekah is even doing book reviews on some of her favorite Christmas books on her blog this month.

What are some of your family's favorite Christmas books?

1 comment:

Texas Type A Mom said...

I love reading books but I never seem to find the time these days. At least to read to myself. I read to my daughter countless books everyday to try and foster her love for reading!